For the past three years, I’ve been taking part in Julie Hedlund’s 12 Days of Christmas for Writers. As part of the end-of-the-year process, she challenges writers to post their SUCCESSES (rather than New Year’s resolutions) for the year. I think it’s always a good idea to focus on the positive. There’s so much we can be thankful for going into a new year.
So, here’s a list of my “good news stories” from 2021…
- I had two stories published in magazines this year! Yay!
- Five of my stories were accepted for publication in magazines. Four of them will be published in 2022. (Two of them in January!)
- I submitted 22 stories for various magazines over the course of the year. (Hmm. 22 going into 2022.)
- I completed or worked on several manuscripts: 6 new magazine stories / 6 reworked magazine stories / 7 PBs / 2 MGs (with lots of revisions included).
- In 2021, I offered free PB/MG critiques called #3WordsCritiqueGiveaway. I did four giveaways in January, April, August, and November. In total, I critiqued manuscripts for 17 people!
- I logged 100+ books read in Goodreads this year.
- Another calendar of my photos was completed.
- Speaking of photography, I just finished another year of 52 Photos posted for my #2021picoftheweek Photography Challenge!
Here’s to 2022…