My Top Ten of 2021
It’s so hard to pick, but these are the books that I’ve choosen as my Top Ten Reads for 2021… in no particular order:
1) Prairie Lotus by Linda Sue Park // For those who love the Little House books!
2) We Dream of Space by Erin Entrada Kelly // A sister and two brothers … at the time of the Challenger disaster.
3) Blackbird Girls by Anne Blankman // Two unlikely friends escape the disaster at Chernobyl.
4) Stand Up, Yumi Chung! by Jessica Kim // The story about an aspiring stand up comedian.
5) Ways to Make Sunshine by Renee Watson // Delightful story about a spunky girl.
6) From the Desk of Zoe Washington by Janae Marks // A girl corresponds with her dad who is in prison.
7) The Genius Under the Table by Eugene Yelchin // A boy grows up in the 1970s Soviet Union.
8) Three Keys by Kelly Yang // A girl and her family run a hotel in California in the 1990s.
9) Invisible Emmie by Terri Libenson // A girl hides in a dream world of drawings.
10) Kid Spy by Mac Barnett // The kid’s a spy for Her Majesty the Queen!